I don't, but I would like to...
... have one cover or postcard with post mark from each post office from Faroe Islands.
They are not so many, but without you will not be possible.
I'm waiting your feedback... and of course I will support the cost deliveries or I'll send you back some nice cover with stamps from Portugal.

Please e-mail me for details...
mydogbono@gmail.com

Sunday 20 December 2009

Christmas Seals 2009

Canção tradicional Faroesa de Natal Eu sou o Pai Natal

Eu sou o Pai Natal,
minha barba é espessa e cinza.
Meu casaco de algodão e calças são negros,
Eu moro na colina dos elfos.

Natal se aproxima,
Eu prefiro ficar aqui,
Agora é o momento de brincar e de alegria,
porque o Natal se aproxima.

Quando chegamos ao mês do Advento,
e o Natal se aproxima,
Eu só penso em presentes de Natal
para as meninas e meninos das Faroés.

Eu sei que eles estão olhando para a frente,
nas vilas e cidades,
Há um monte de presentes,
porque ninguém quer o mesmo.

É por isso que começar cedo
para recolher os brinquedos,
bonito de ver,
alegra os corações das crianças.

Aqui estão as bonecas e casas de bonecas,
cavalos, carros e barcos,
um avião pequeno bonito
e um monte de soldadinhos de chumbo.

Há patos e gansos e galinhas,
lam e ovinos e bovinos,

que canta, quando se gira.

Aqui estão todos os tipos de animais,
aves e peixes pequenos,
o cachorro cutest little
e um gatinho.

Aqui estão as fitas de seda mais justa,
amarelo, vermelho e azul,
broches, alfinetes e anéis,
e os lotes de relógios minúsculos.

Há flautas e instrumentos,
todas elas som muito bom;
mas nada bate a beleza
da boneca chorando.

Tudo que uma criança poderia desejar,
No Doubt - I have it all.
Agora é só trazer a Natal,
meu saco está cheio e cheio.
Letra: Marius Johannesen
Música: H. J. Højgaard (English version) I am Father Christmas

I am Father Christmas,
my beard is thick and grey.
My cotton coat and pants are black,
I dwell in the hill of elves.

Christmas is drawing near,
I prefer to stay right here,
now is the time for play and joy,
because Christmas is drawing near.

When we reach the Advent month,
and Christmas is drawing near,
I only think of Christmas gifts
for Faroese girls and boys.

I know they’re looking forward to it,
in villages and towns,
there are a lot of presents,
because nobody wants the same.

That’s why I start early
to collect the toys,
beautiful to watch,
gladdens childrens hearts.

Here are dolls and dolls’ houses,
horses, cars and boats,
a beautiful little airplane
and lots of tin soldiers.

There are ducks and geese and fowls,
sheep and lam and cattle,

which sings when it whirls.

Here are all kind of animals,
birds and tiny fish,
the cutest little puppy
and a little kitten.

Here are the fairest silk ribbons,
yellow, red and blue,
brooches, pins and rings,
and lots of tiny watches.

There are flutes and instruments,
they all sound very good;
but nothing beats the beauty
of the crying doll.

Everything a child could wish for,
no doubt - I have it all.
Now just bring on Christmas,
my bag is stuffed and full.

Lyrics: Marius Johannesen
Tune: H. J. Højgaard

No comments: