I don't, but I would like to...
... have one cover or postcard with post mark from each post office from Faroe Islands.
They are not so many, but without you will not be possible.
I'm waiting your feedback... and of course I will support the cost deliveries or I'll send you back some nice cover with stamps from Portugal.

Please e-mail me for details...
mydogbono@gmail.com

Thursday 30 October 2008

A Ocupação Aliada / A Friendly Occupation

Durante a Segunda Guerra Mundial, as Ilhas Faroe foram ocupadas, entre 1940 e 1945, por tropas Britânicas.
A série com dois selos, foi emitida em 19.09.2005.

550 oyru – Soldados Britânicos, nas Ilhas Faroe, durante a
Segunda Guerra Mundial..
900 oyru – Os soldados foram muito bem recebidos. Cena de soldados a brincar com crianças das Faroé.

(english version)
During the
World War II, the Faroe Islands were occupied, between 1940 and 1945, by British troops. The set of two stamps was issued on 19.09.2005.

550 oyru – British soldiers in
World War II in the Faroes.
900 oyru – The British were very welcome. Here are they playing with Faroese kids.

For more info please follow:
The Years of War

No comments: